Athletics at Linwood
Fall - Football, Boys & Girls Soccer, Cross Country, Cheer Winter - Boys & Girls Basketball, Cheer , Wrestling
Spring - Baseball, Boys & Girls Lacrosse, Softball
* Please scroll down for information regarding:
-Submitting athletic physicals and paperwork -Important announcements
-Game schedules (subject to change) -Coach contact information
-Directions to athletic facilities
Linwood Middle School Athletics Office (Blue House Center): 732-289-3617
*See below for important information on submitting physicals and forms for 2015-2016 athletics. Please note the due dates.
**Fall physicals are due 8/20/15.
This week in LMS Sports:
Check here for weekly schedules once our seasons have begun.
2015-2016 Athletic Physical Forms Information
*Please adhere strictly to the procedures and due dates for completing and submitting physical forms to the school. Failure to do so may prevent your child from being eligible to participate in school sports.
1. All students must use the new NJSIAA forms (Forms 1 through 6) on the links below. These forms are specifically written for school athletics, and no other forms can or will be accepted.
2. Forms will only be accepted for the next upcoming athletic season.
3. Due dates for each sport are listed below (no forms will be accepted outside of these dates).
4. Faxed or copied forms are not permitted and will not be accepted.
What forms are needed for ALL students who wish to try out for a sport?
All students who wish to try out for a sport must have the following documents on file in the school by the appropriate due date (dates are found below):
1. A current Athletics Physical filled in on the correct form
2. A Parent Permission/Emergency Form
3. A Sudden Cardiac Death Pamphlet Sign-Off Sheet
4. A Sudden Cardiac Death and Concussion Acknowledgement Form
* Some students will need to submit a Health History Questionnaire. See below.
**All forms needed in order for a student to be cleared for a sport are available either at the school or can be downloaded off of the links below (Forms 1 through 6).
****There are strict rules and dates to be followed in approving students for athletics. These procedures can take several weeks, and are dictated by state law ; the school has no flexibility in granting exceptions. Therefore, please follow the guidelines and dates below carefully. Forms are frequently returned due to missing information or errors; this delays the process and can prevent your child from being cleared in time for try-outs.
****Directions on how to fill in the forms and what forms are needed can be found below.
How do I get an Athletic Physical on file in the school nurse's office?
If your child is interested in trying out for any of our teams (including cheer), the school must have a current athletic physical examination on record in the nurse’s office. Athletic physicals are good for 365 days. The schools' form must be used- it is linked below as Form 1.
The physical must be current (less than 365 days old ) at the start date of the sport the student is trying out for. This can be accomplished in 2 ways:
--- OR ---
2. If the student has had a physical less than 365 days prior to the start date of the sport, the forms can simply be brought to the physician to be filled in. Pages 1 and 2 of the form are to be filled in by the parents and brought to the physician for his or her review. The remaining pages are to be filled in by the physician.
*In either case, the athletic physical form must be filled in completely, signed, dated and stamped by the physician. Do not separate the pages.
**What if my child already has a current, valid sports physical on record with the school?
If your child already has a current athletic physical on record with the school nurse and it is still valid (meaning less than 365 days old) at the start date of the sport, you will only need to submit forms 2 through 6 (found below). Start dates for all sports can be found in the chart at the bottom of this page.
What else do we need to submit?
A. Health History Questionnaire (Form 2, below): To be filled in ONLY by parents whose child already has a current, valid sports physical on record in the nurses office.
B. Parent Permission/Emergency Form (Form 3, below) : Must be completed for each student for every sport they are trying out for. This would have to be resubmitted for every season the student is participating in athletics.
C. Cardiac Pamphlet (Form 4, below): To be printed and reviewed by parents and students (please keep this information for yourself- do not submit).
D. Sudden Cardiac Death Pamphlet Sign-Off Sheet (Form 5, below): To be printed, signed and dated (Can be submitted once per schoolyear).
E. Sudden Cardiac Death and Concussion Acknowledgement Form (Form 6, below): To be printed, reviewed, signed and dated (Can be submitted once per schoolyear).
**All of these forms can be downloaded, and printed off of the links below.
**Due dates for all athletic forms are listed below. Forms will only be accepted during these times.
Paperwork Deadlines for 2014-2015