Please scroll down for information regarding:
Please check here for game cancellations due to inclement weather.
This week in LMS Sports:
All away events are held at the school listed unless otherwise noted.
Have a great summer!
Linwood Athletic Teams
Fall: Football, Cheer, Girls/Boys Soccer, Cross Country Winter: Wrestling, Cheer, Girls/Boys Basketball
Spring: Girls/Boys Lacrosse, Softball, Baseball _________________________________________________________________________________________
Submitting Athletic Physicals & Forms
Please adhere strictly to the procedures and due dates listed below for completing and submitting athletic physicals and forms to the school. These are guided by state law , and failure to do so may prevent your child from being eligible to participate in school sports.
1. All students must use the NJSIAA forms ( Forms 1 through 6 ) found on the links below. These forms are specifically written for school athletics, and no other forms can or will be accepted.
2. Forms will only be accepted for the next upcoming athletic season.
3. Due dates for each sport are listed below (no forms will be accepted outside of these dates).
4. Faxed or photocopied forms are not permitted and will not be accepted.
5. Once fully completed, all forms are to be submitted to the school nurse by the deadlines listed below.
What forms are needed for ALL students who wish to try out for a sport?
All students who wish to try out for a sport must have the following documents on file in the school by the appropriate due date ( dates are found below ):
1. A current Athletics Physical filled in completely on the correct form
2. A Parent Permission/Emergency Form
3. A Sudden Cardiac Death Pamphlet Sign-Off Sheet
4. A Sudden Cardiac Death and Concussion Acknowledgement Form
How do I get an Athletic Physical on file in the school nurse's office?
If your child is interested in trying out for any of our teams (including cheer), the school must have a current athletic physical examination on record in the nurse’s office. Athletic physicals are good for 365 days. The schools' form must be used- it is linked below as Form 1.
The physical must be current (less than 365 days old ) at the start date of the sport the student is trying out for. This can be accomplished in 2 ways:
1. The student gets a new physical examination and the physician completes the required form during the visit. Pages 1 and 2 of the form are to be filled in by the parents and brought to the physician for his or her review. The remaining pages are to be filled in by the physician .
--- OR ---
2. If the student has had a physical less than 365 days prior to the start date of the sport, the forms can simply be brought to the physician to be filled in. Pages 1 and 2 of the form are to be filled in by the parents and brought to the physician for his or her review. The remaining pages are to be filled in by the physician .
In either case, the athletic physical must be filled in completely, signed, dated & stamped by the physician . Do not separate the pages.
What if my child already has a current, athletic physical on record with the school?
If your child already has a current athletic physical on record with the school nurse and it is still valid (meaning less than 365 days old) at the start date of the sport, you will only need to submit forms 2 through 6 (found below). Start dates for all sports can be found in the chart at the bottom of this page.
What else do we need to submit?
A. Health History Questionnaire (Form 2, below): To be filled in ONLY by parents whose child already has a current, valid athletic physical on record in the nurses office .
B. Parent Permission/Emergency Form (Form 3, below) : To be completed by every student for each sport they are trying out for. This would have to be submitted for every season the student is participating in athletics.
C. Cardiac Pamphlet (Form 4, below): To be printed and reviewed by parents and students (please keep this information for yourself- do not submit ).
D. Sudden Cardiac Death Pamphlet Sign-Off Sheet (Form 5, below): To be printed, signed and dated (Can be submitted once per schoolyear).
E. Sudden Cardiac Death and Concussion Acknowledgement Form (Form 6, below): To be printed, reviewed, signed and dated (Can be submitted once per schoolyear).
**All of the forms mentioned above can be downloaded and printed off of the links below.
**Due dates for all athletic forms are listed below. Forms will only be accepted during these times.
Athletic Physical & Form Deadlines for 2016-2017