The North Township School District has developed a Crisis Response Plan that is designed to minimize danger to anyone occupying a school should an emergency occur. Our main objective is to attend to the health and welfare of your children in the event of a crisis.
In most emergencies, your children will remain and be cared for at the school they attend. In the rare event of an emergency that prohibit reentry to a school building (such as broken gas or water main, a fire, or a toxic spill), elementary and middle students will be transported via school transportation/or walk to the nearest and most appropriate location. High School students will be dismissed to return home for the day.
We ask that you follow this procedure if you hear of any school emergency:
- Turn on your radio or television. We will keep the media informed of any emergency.
Radio Stations: WCTC 1450 AM
WMGQ 98.3 FM
Television Stations: WABC-TV Channel 7
News12 NJ Channel 12
Automated Phone Calls
North Brunswick Community TV Channel 15
- Please do not telephone the school. We have limited phone lines. These MUST be used to respond to an emergency.
- Please do not come to the school unless you are requested to pick up your child. Any emergency involving your child's school may mean emergency vehicles and workers must be able to get to the building. If the emergency necessitates relocation of staff and students, you will be informed via the media.
- Access school closing infomation at (732) 289-3000, press 1 when recording is heard. The latest information available will be posted to this phone location.
- Check district website: www.nbtschools.org
North Brunswick Public School District Emergency Contact Communications System
The school district has implemented a notification/communication system to inform the families of students of important information like school closings due to snow and updates when there are emergencies in our schools. Families of North Brunswick Public School students are automatically registered for this service that uses the home and cell phone numbers that families have provided to the school district as contact phone numbers to make the notifications.
Whenever school is closed (or there is a delayed opening or early closing due to inclement weather) or there is a school emergency, the families of students will automatically be contacted using the contact information families provide. If you do not receive these messages , please contact the Board of Education offices at (732) 289-3000 if you have not yet received a message through this new system.